Joanna Gaines cheesecake is a classic dessert recipe created by Joanna Gaines, a well-known TV personality, author, and home decor expert.
About this recipe
Joanna Gaines is well known for her love of cooking and baking, and her cheesecake recipe is a classic take on this beloved dessert.
The recipe is made with simple ingredients like cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, flour, and heavy cream. It's a straightforward recipe that's perfect for beginners who are looking to try their hand at making cheesecake from scratch.
One of the things I love about this recipe is how easy it is to make the crust. You just need to combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, press it into the bottom of a springform pan, and then bake it for a few minutes until it's lightly golden.
The crust adds a delicious crunch to the cheesecake and serves as the perfect base for the creamy filling.
Speaking of the filling, this is where the magic happens. The cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract are whipped together until smooth, creating a creamy and decadent base.
Eggs are added one at a time, ensuring that each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Flour and heavy cream are then added to the mixture, creating a smooth and velvety texture that's simply irresistible.
Once the filling is poured onto the crust, the cheesecake is baked until the edges are lightly golden and the center is set. It's then chilled in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight, allowing the flavors to meld together and the cheesecake to set completely.
Joanna Gaines' cheesecake is a classic recipe that's perfect for any occasion. It's a dessert that's sure to impress your guests, and it's so delicious that they'll be asking for the recipe!
Origin of Joanna Gaines Cheesecake recipe
As far as I know, there is no specific origin story for Joanna Gaines' cheesecake recipe aside what we know from her show Magnolia. Joanna Gaines is known for her love of cooking and baking, and her recipe may have been developed through trial and error or by adapting a classic cheesecake recipe to her own tastes and preferences.
It's also possible that the recipe was passed down through her family or friends, or that she was inspired by other cheesecake recipes she's tried over the years.
Whatever the case may be, Joanna's recipe has become a beloved classic among fans and home cooks alike, thanks to its simplicity and delicious taste.
Why should you make this recipe?
You should try this Joanna Gaines cheesecake recipe because it is a classic dessert, it's creamy, tangy, and perfectly sweet. The recipe is also easy to follow and includes helpful tips and recommendations for making the perfect cheesecake every time.
Aside from having a creamy and tangy filling with a sweet and crunchy graham cracker crust. By trying this recipe, you can experience the rich and decadent flavors of this dessert, and impress your family and friends with your baking skills. It's a dessert that everyone will love and enjoy!
What does Joanna Gaines Cheesecake taste like?
Joanna Gaines cheesecake is known for its rich, creamy texture and its tangy, slightly sweet flavor. The graham cracker crust provides a crunchy, buttery contrast to the smooth cheesecake filling, while the vanilla extract adds a subtle sweetness.
The taste of this cheesecake is fairly classic, with a simple but delicious flavor profile that's sure to please anyone with a sweet tooth. The texture is dense and velvety, making it a perfect dessert for any occasion.
What would you need for this recipe?
Before you begin, make sure you have all the ingredients and equipment you need. This will help ensure that the recipe goes smoothly and that you don't run into any unexpected hiccups along the way.
As per ingredients, you will need:
- Graham cracker crumbs: Graham cracker crumbs are used to make the crust of the cheesecake. They add a sweet, crunchy texture that complements the creamy filling.
- Unsalted butter: Melted butter is added to the graham cracker crumbs to help bind the crust together and give it a buttery flavor.
- Cream cheese: The star ingredient of the cheesecake filling! Cream cheese provides a rich, creamy texture and tangy flavor that's characteristic of classic cheesecake.
- Granulated sugar: Sugar is added to the cheesecake filling to sweeten it and balance out the tanginess of the cream cheese.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds a subtle, sweet flavor to the cheesecake filling that complements the other ingredients.
- Eggs: Eggs are added to the cheesecake filling to help it set and give it structure. They also add richness and a slight custardy texture.
- All-purpose flour: Flour is added to the cheesecake filling to help thicken it and give it a slightly firmer texture.
- Heavy cream: Heavy cream is added to the cheesecake filling to give it a richer, creamier texture.
- 9-inch springform pan: A springform pan is used to bake the cheesecake in. This type of pan has a removable bottom and a latch on the side that allows you to easily release the cheesecake once it's cooled.
- Mixing bowls: You'll need several mixing bowls of different sizes to mix the ingredients together.
- Electric mixer: An electric mixer is used to mix the cheesecake filling together quickly and efficiently. A stand mixer or hand mixer both work well.
- Spatula: A spatula is used to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl and ensure that all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Measuring cups and spoons: You'll need measuring cups and spoons to measure out the ingredients accurately.
Meanwhile, these equipment items are all standard kitchen items that most home cooks will already have on hand. The springform pan is the only item that may be less commonly used, but it can be found at most kitchen supply stores or online.
How to make Joanna Gaines Cheesecake
Joanna Gaines cheesecake is a classic dessert that's loved by many for its simplicity and delicious taste. It's a perfect recipe for anyone who wants to try their hand at making a homemade cheesecake or for those who are looking for a go-to recipe that's sure to impress their friends and family.
Check out the recipe below and make your own delicious Joanna Gaines cheesecake!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Instructions to follow
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, creating an even layer.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add in the sugar and vanilla extract, beating until well combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Add the flour and heavy cream to the mixture, and beat until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cheesecake for 60-70 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden and the center is set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Once cooled, chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve the cheesecake chilled, with whipped cream and fresh fruit, if desired.
That's it! This simple recipe produces a classic, creamy cheesecake that's perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!
The recipe above makes one 9-inch cheesecake and serves 12-16 people. The total time required for making the cheesecake is about 1 hour and 40 minutes, which includes 20 minutes of preparation time and 80 minutes of baking time. However, it's important to note that the cheesecake needs to be refrigerated for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving.
How do you serve Joanna Gaines Cheesecake recipe?
Once the Joanna Gaines cheesecake is finished baking and has cooled to room temperature, it's typically served chilled. After the cheesecake has cooled, it's a good idea to refrigerate it for at least a few hours or overnight to allow it to fully set.
To serve Joanna Gaines cheesecake, you can follow these steps:
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes to soften slightly.
- Run a thin, sharp knife around the inside edge of the springform pan to loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan.
- Carefully remove the outer ring of the springform pan and transfer the cheesecake to a serving platter.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the cheesecake into slices. Wipe the knife clean between cuts to ensure neat slices.
- You can serve the cheesecake plain or top it with your favorite toppings. Some popular options include fresh berries, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or caramel sauce.
- Enjoy your delicious Joanna Gaines cheesecake with friends and family!
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 587 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Joanna Gaines Cheesecake, Joanna Gaines Cheesecake Recipe, Recipe
What to serve with?
Joanna Gaines cheesecake can be served with a variety of toppings or accompaniments, depending on your preferences. Here are some popular options:
- Fresh berries: Adding fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries to the top of the cheesecake can add a pop of color and fruity flavor.
- Whipped cream: A dollop of whipped cream on top of the cheesecake can add a light, fluffy texture and a touch of sweetness.
- Chocolate sauce: Drizzling chocolate sauce over the top of the cheesecake can add a rich, decadent flavor.
- Caramel sauce: Similarly, drizzling caramel sauce over the cheesecake can add a sweet, buttery flavor.
- Chopped nuts: Adding chopped nuts like pecans or almonds to the top of the cheesecake can add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor.
Be that as it may, the cheesecake is delicious on its own, but adding a topping or accompaniment can take it to the next level and make it an even more special dessert.
My recommendations and tips for you
Here are some recommendations and tips to help you make the perfect Joanna Gaines cheesecake:
- Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure your cream cheese, eggs, and sour cream are all at room temperature before you start making the cheesecake. This will ensure that the ingredients mix together smoothly and evenly.
- Preheat your oven: Preheat your oven to the correct temperature before you start making the cheesecake. This will ensure that the cheesecake bakes evenly and comes out perfectly.
- Don't overmix the cheesecake filling: Overmixing the cheesecake filling can lead to a dense, tough texture. Mix the ingredients together just until they are combined and smooth.
- Use a water bath: Baking the cheesecake in a water bath can help prevent cracking and ensure that the cheesecake cooks evenly. Place the springform pan in a larger baking dish and pour hot water into the larger dish until it reaches about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Let the cheesecake cool slowly: After the cheesecake is finished baking, turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool inside the oven for about an hour before removing it. This will help prevent cracking and ensure that the cheesecake sets properly.
- Chill the cheesecake: After the cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, refrigerate it for at least a few hours or overnight to allow it to fully set and develop its flavor.
Follow these tips, and you'll be well on your way to making a delicious and impressive Joanna Gaines cheesecake that you will be proud of!
What about storage, any idea?
Yes, here are some tips on how to store Joanna Gaines cheesecake:
- Refrigerate the cheesecake: After the cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate it for up to 5 days.
- Freeze the cheesecake: If you need to store the cheesecake for a longer period of time, you can freeze it. Wrap the cooled cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil, or place it in an airtight container. The cheesecake can be frozen for up to 2-3 months.
- Thaw the cheesecake: To thaw a frozen cheesecake, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can let it sit at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
It's important to note that cheesecake can absorb flavors and odors from other foods in the fridge, so it's a good idea to store it away from strong-smelling foods. Also, be careful when handling the cheesecake, as it can be fragile and prone to cracking if handled roughly.
Some potential ingredients substitutes
While it's always best to follow a recipe as closely as possible, there are some ingredient substitutions you can make in a pinch for Joanna Gaines cheesecake recipe:
- Graham cracker crumbs substitute: Instead of using graham cracker crumbs for the crust, you could use crushed vanilla wafers or digestive biscuits.
- Cream cheese substitute: You could substitute the cream cheese with an equal amount of mascarpone cheese, ricotta cheese, or a combination of both.
- Sour cream substitute: Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute for sour cream in equal amounts.
- Granulated sugar substitute: You could substitute granulated sugar with an equal amount of honey or maple syrup, although this may change the texture and flavor of the cheesecake.
- Lemon juice substitute: If you don't have lemon juice, you could substitute it with an equal amount of lime juice or white vinegar.
It's important to note that substituting ingredients can alter the texture, taste, and overall quality of the cheesecake. It's always best to use the ingredients listed in the recipe if possible.
In conclusion, Joanna Gaines cheesecake is a delicious and classic dessert that is sure to impress your family and friends. This cheesecake recipe features a creamy and tangy filling with a sweet and crunchy graham cracker crust.
By following the tips and recommendations provided, you can make the perfect cheesecake every time. Whether you serve it with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or on its own, this dessert is sure to be a hit. So go ahead and give this recipe a try - you won't be disappointed!