Deliciously Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe: Cooper's Hawk Inspired Delight
- Publisher: Lofty Recipes
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Category: Side dish
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 150 calories
Cooper's Hawk Brussel Sprout
About this recipe
Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprouts are a delightful dish that combines the goodness of roasted Brussels sprouts with a few other delicious ingredients. When you take a bite, you're in for a treat.
First off, the Brussels sprouts themselves are the star of the show. They're roasted to perfection, which means they're cooked until they become tender on the inside and develop a lovely caramelized exterior.
This process brings out their natural sweetness and gives them a slightly nutty and earthy taste. So you get this fantastic combination of flavors in each bite.
But wait, there's more! Cooper's Hawk adds crispy bacon to the mix. Now, imagine the smoky aroma and savory goodness of bacon intertwining with the Brussels sprouts.
The bacon adds a delightful smokiness and just the right amount of saltiness that perfectly complements the sprouts. It creates a mouthwatering flavor combination that's hard to resist.
To enhance the overall taste, they drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over the Brussels sprouts. This tangy and slightly acidic ingredient adds a pleasant zing and a touch of sweetness to the dish. It's like a flavor enhancer that brings everything together, making the Brussels sprouts even more irresistible.
If you're feeling adventurous, you can also opt for some optional toppings. Shaved Parmesan cheese, for example, adds a rich and nutty flavor that pairs wonderfully with the other elements. It melts slightly over the warm sprouts, providing a delightful creaminess.
And if you want a bit of crunch, chopped walnuts are a great addition. They add a nice texture and bring a mild bitterness that balances out the other flavors.
So, when you have Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprouts, you get a beautiful medley of savory, smoky, sweet, and tangy flavors dancing on your taste buds. It's a dish that showcases the deliciousness of roasted Brussels sprouts while incorporating complementary ingredients that take it to the next level.
Trust me, it's a culinary experience you don't want to miss out on!
Recipe origin and background
Seriously, the exact origin of the recipe is not really known to me. However, it's important to note that restaurant recipes are often unique and proprietary.
Why try this Cooper's Hawk Brussel Sprout recipe?
- Incredible Flavor: The combination of roasted Brussels sprouts, crispy bacon, and balsamic vinegar creates a fantastic flavor profile. The sweetness and nuttiness of the sprouts, the smokiness of the bacon, and the tanginess of the vinegar work together harmoniously, resulting in a truly delicious and satisfying dish.
- Versatile Side Dish: Brussels sprouts are a versatile vegetable that can complement a wide range of main courses. Whether you're serving roasted chicken, grilled steak, or even vegetarian dishes, these Brussels sprouts make for a fantastic side dish that adds depth and flavor to your meal.
- Impressive Presentation: The caramelized and beautifully roasted Brussels sprouts, combined with the crispy bacon and optional toppings like shaved Parmesan cheese and chopped walnuts, create an eye-catching dish that looks impressive on any dining table. It's a recipe that can impress your guests or make a regular weeknight dinner feel special.
- Easy to Prepare: The recipe itself is straightforward and doesn't require complex cooking techniques. With just a few simple steps, you can have a delicious side dish ready in no time. It's an accessible recipe that even beginner cooks can master.
- Health Benefits: Brussels sprouts are nutrient-dense and packed with vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. They are known for their potential health benefits, including supporting digestion, providing antioxidants, and contributing to a healthy immune system. By incorporating Brussels sprouts into your meals, you're adding a nutritious component to your diet.
The Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprout recipe is a great opportunity to experience a delectable fusion of flavors, impress your taste buds and guests, and enjoy a nutritious side dish. It's a recipe that combines simplicity with incredible taste, making it worth a try for any Brussels sprout lover or those looking to expand their culinary horizons.
What does Cooper's Hawk Brussel Sprout taste like?
The Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprouts have a combination of savory, smoky, and slightly sweet flavors.
The Brussels sprouts are roasted, which brings out their natural sweetness and caramelizes their outer layer, resulting in a slightly nutty and earthy taste. The addition of crispy bacon provides a smoky and salty flavor that complements the Brussels sprouts.
The balsamic vinegar adds a tangy and slightly acidic note, enhancing the overall taste profile. It can add a touch of sweetness as well, depending on the type of balsamic vinegar used.
If you choose to include optional toppings like shaved Parmesan cheese, it will contribute a rich and nutty flavor, while chopped walnuts can provide a crunchy texture and a mild bitterness.
The Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprouts are a well-balanced combination of savory, smoky, sweet, and tangy flavors that come together to create a delicious and satisfying dish.
What is in Cooper's Hawk Brussel Sprout?
- Brussels sprouts: These are small, green vegetables that resemble mini cabbages. They have a slightly nutty and earthy flavor when cooked and are rich in nutrients like fiber, vitamins C and K, and antioxidants.
- Bacon: This is a type of salt-cured pork that adds a savory and smoky flavor to dishes. It's typically sliced into strips or chopped into small pieces. In this recipe, crispy bacon is used to complement the Brussels sprouts and enhance their taste.
- Olive oil: This oil is commonly used in cooking due to its mild flavor and health benefits. It adds moisture and helps in the roasting process, ensuring the Brussels sprouts cook evenly.
- Balsamic vinegar: This dark, syrupy vinegar is made from cooked grape must and is aged to develop its unique flavor. It has a slightly sweet and tangy taste that adds depth and complexity to the Brussels sprouts.
- Salt and pepper: These common seasonings are used to enhance the overall taste of the dish. Salt brings out the flavors, while pepper adds a mild spiciness.
- Shaved Parmesan cheese: This hard Italian cheese has a nutty and slightly salty flavor. Shaving it over the cooked Brussels sprouts adds richness and a creamy element.
- Chopped walnuts: These nuts have a mild, slightly bitter taste and provide a pleasant crunch. Adding them as a topping brings texture and additional flavor to the dish.
Equipment required for this recipe
- Large skillet: This is used to cook the bacon and Brussels sprouts on the stovetop. If you don't have a skillet, you can use a large frying pan or sauté pan as a substitute.
- Oven: The Brussels sprouts are roasted in the oven to achieve a caramelized exterior. If you don't have an oven, you can try pan-roasting them on the stovetop. Simply cook them cut-side down in a skillet or pan until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Baking dish or sheet pan: This is used to transfer the Brussels sprouts from the stovetop to the oven for roasting. A baking dish with sides or a sheet pan will work well. If you don't have either of these, you can use a heatproof dish or even a cast-iron skillet that is oven-safe.
- Paper towels: These are used to drain excess grease from the cooked bacon. If you don't have paper towels, you can use a clean kitchen towel or even a few layers of newspaper as a substitute.
- Serving dish: This is where you'll present the finished Brussels sprouts. Any platter or dish that can accommodate the sprouts and allow for easy serving will work as a substitute.
How to make Cooper's Hawk Brussel Sprout
Try our mouthwatering Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprout recipe, featuring perfectly roasted sprouts with crispy bacon and a tangy balsamic glaze. A flavor-packed side dish!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shaved Parmesan cheese, chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess grease.
- In the same skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the skillet, cut side down, and cook for about 5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast the Brussels sprouts for about 15-20 minutes or until they are tender and caramelized.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the Brussels sprouts. Toss them gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving dish and sprinkle the crispy bacon on top.
- If desired, you can also add shaved Parmesan cheese and chopped walnuts as toppings.
- Serve the Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprouts as a delicious side dish and enjoy!
This recipe combines the rich flavors of roasted Brussels sprouts with the smoky and savory taste of bacon. The balsamic vinegar adds a touch of tanginess, and the optional toppings of Parmesan cheese and walnuts provide extra texture and depth.
How to serve Cooper's Hawk Brussel Sprout
- Once the Brussels sprouts are roasted and ready, carefully transfer them from the baking dish or sheet pan to a serving dish. Use a spatula or tongs to handle them, as they may still be hot.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts in an even layer in the serving dish. You can place them cut-side up or simply scatter them around.
- If you have opted for optional toppings such as shaved Parmesan cheese and chopped walnuts, now is the time to sprinkle them over the Brussels sprouts. Distribute them evenly across the dish for a balanced presentation.
- If desired, you can garnish the dish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. This adds an extra touch of tanginess and enhances the flavors.
- Take a moment to assess the overall presentation and make any adjustments if needed. You can arrange the toppings, ensure even spacing, or wipe off any excess drips or spills from the dish.
- Serve the Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprouts as a side dish alongside your main course. They pair well with various proteins like roasted chicken, grilled steak, or even as part of a vegetarian meal.
- Optionally, you can provide serving utensils such as a large spoon or tongs to allow guests to serve themselves easily.
- Encourage everyone to dig in and enjoy the delicious flavors and textures of the dish!
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 863 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Cooper's Hawk Brussel Sprout, Cooper's Hawk Brussel Sprout Recipe, Recipe, Top rated
What to serve Cooper's Hawk Brussel Sprout with
The Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprout recipe can be served as a delicious side dish alongside a variety of main courses. Here are some ideas for what you can serve with it:
- Grilled or roasted meats: The rich flavors of the Brussels sprouts pair well with grilled or roasted meats such as steak, chicken, or pork. The smokiness and savory notes from the meat complement the sweetness and nuttiness of the sprouts.
- Seafood dishes: Consider serving the Brussels sprouts alongside seafood options like grilled salmon, seared scallops, or roasted shrimp. The combination of the sprouts' earthy flavors and the lightness of seafood can create a well-balanced and satisfying meal.
- Pasta or grain-based dishes: The Brussels sprouts can also work as a side dish for pasta or grain-based meals. Serve them alongside dishes like creamy pasta, risotto, or quinoa pilaf. The sprouts add a burst of flavor and provide a healthy vegetable component to the meal.
- Vegetarian or vegan options: If you're looking for vegetarian or vegan options, the Brussels sprouts can be served with dishes like roasted tofu, vegetable stir-fries, or grain bowls. The combination of flavors and textures can make for a satisfying and well-rounded meal.
- Holiday or festive meals: The Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprouts are a wonderful addition to holiday or festive meals. Serve them alongside dishes like roasted turkey, ham, or prime rib during Thanksgiving, Christmas, or other special occasions. The sprouts bring a unique twist to traditional holiday flavors.
You should also consider the overall balance of flavors and textures when choosing your main course. You want to ensure that the flavors of the main dish and the Brussels sprouts complement each other and create a cohesive and enjoyable dining experience.
My recommendations and tips
- Fresh Brussels sprouts: Choose fresh Brussels sprouts for the best flavor and texture. Look for firm, compact sprouts with vibrant green leaves. Avoid sprouts that are discolored or have soft spots.
- Trim and halve the sprouts evenly: Make sure to trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and halve them evenly. This helps ensure that they cook uniformly and have consistent caramelization.
- Crispy bacon: Cook the bacon until it is crispy for maximum flavor and texture. Crispy bacon adds a satisfying crunch and enhances the overall taste of the dish. Keep an eye on it while cooking to prevent burning.
- Roasting time and temperature: Pay attention to the roasting time and temperature mentioned in the recipe. Roast the Brussels sprouts at 400°F (200°C) for about 15-20 minutes or until they are tender and caramelized. Adjust the timing if needed based on the size of your sprouts and your desired level of doneness.
- Optional toppings: Consider adding the optional toppings of shaved Parmesan cheese and chopped walnuts. These toppings provide additional flavor, texture, and visual appeal to the dish. However, feel free to customize the toppings based on your preferences or dietary restrictions.
- Season with salt and pepper: Taste the Brussels sprouts before serving and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. This step ensures that the flavors are well-balanced and brings out the best in the dish.
- Serve immediately: Brussels sprouts are best enjoyed when they are freshly roasted. Serve them immediately after cooking to retain their crispy exterior and optimal flavor.
- Experiment with variations: Don't be afraid to experiment with the recipe and add your own personal touches. You can try different seasonings, herbs, or spices to customize the flavor profile to your liking. Be creative and make it your own!
Potential ingredients substitutes
- Brussels sprouts substitute:
- Broccoli florets: Broccoli has a similar texture and can be roasted or sautéed as a substitute for Brussels sprouts.
- Cauliflower florets: Like broccoli, cauliflower can be roasted to achieve a caramelized exterior and offers a mild, nutty flavor.
- Bacon substitute:
- Turkey bacon: If you prefer a leaner option, turkey bacon can be used as a substitute for regular bacon. It provides a similar smoky flavor but with lower fat content.
- Vegan bacon: Plant-based bacon alternatives made from ingredients like tempeh, tofu, or seitan can be used for a vegetarian or vegan version of the dish.
- Olive oil substitute:
- Canola oil: Canola oil has a mild flavor and can be used as a substitute for olive oil in this recipe.
- Vegetable oil: Another neutral-flavored oil, such as vegetable oil, can be used instead of olive oil.
- Balsamic vinegar substitute:
- Red wine vinegar: Red wine vinegar offers a tangy flavor that can substitute for balsamic vinegar. It may lack the sweetness of balsamic vinegar, so you can add a touch of honey or maple syrup to achieve a similar flavor profile.
- Apple cider vinegar: This vinegar has a milder taste than balsamic but can still provide a tangy element to the dish.
- Optional toppings substitutes:
- Shredded cheddar cheese or crumbled feta cheese: If you don't have shaved Parmesan cheese, shredded cheddar or crumbled feta can be used as substitutes for a cheesy element.
- Toasted almonds or pecans: Chopped toasted almonds or pecans can replace chopped walnuts for added crunch and flavor.
- Customizing the recipe: While the recipe provides a delicious base, don't hesitate to make it your own. Feel free to experiment with additional seasonings, spices, or herbs to enhance the flavors. For example, you can try adding garlic powder, red pepper flakes, or fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary for extra depth of flavor.
- Adjusting cooking times: The suggested cooking times in the recipe are guidelines, and actual cooking times may vary depending on factors like the size of the Brussels sprouts, the efficiency of your oven, and your desired level of doneness. Keep an eye on the sprouts while roasting to ensure they are cooked to your preference. If you prefer them more tender, you can cook them for a few minutes longer.
- Storing and reheating leftovers: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should be consumed within 2-3 days for the best quality. To reheat, you can use a microwave or reheat them in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through. Note that reheating may result in softer Brussels sprouts compared to the initial crispiness.
- Scaling the recipe: The recipe's serving size is typically mentioned, but you can easily adjust it based on your needs. If you're cooking for a larger group, simply double or triple the quantities of the ingredients. Conversely, if you're cooking for fewer people, you can halve or reduce the quantities accordingly.
- Serving variations: While the recipe suggests serving the Brussels sprouts as a side dish, you can also incorporate them into other dishes. For example, you can toss them with cooked pasta, mix them into grain bowls, or add them as a topping to salads. The versatility of Brussels sprouts allows for various culinary explorations.
- Allergy or dietary considerations: If you or your guests have specific dietary restrictions or allergies, ensure that the ingredients used are suitable. For example, if you're catering to a vegetarian or vegan diet, choose plant-based bacon alternatives and omit any animal-based toppings. If you have gluten intolerance, confirm that all ingredients and optional toppings are gluten-free.
- Enjoyment is key: Cooking and sharing a meal should be a pleasurable experience. Embrace the process, have fun in the kitchen, and savor the flavors of the Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprout recipe. Don't be afraid to make it your own and adapt it to suit your preferences and those of your guests.
Indulge in the irresistible flavors of our Cooper's Hawk Brussels sprout recipe. With caramelized sprouts, crispy bacon, and a tangy twist, it's a side dish that will leave your taste buds craving more. Try it today!