Rockyard cream of jalapeno soup is a flavorful and comforting soup that is perfect for anyone who loves a bit of spice and heat in their food. It is sure to delight your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied and warm on a chilly day.
- Publisher: Lofty Recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Category: Soup, Appetizer
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 400 calories
Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup
About this recipe
Rockyard cream of jalapeno soup is a delicious and hearty soup that is packed with bold and spicy flavors. As the name suggests, this soup is made with a creamy base that is infused with the heat and kick of jalapeno peppers, giving it a unique and exciting flavor profile.
The soup is typically made by first sautéing chopped onions and jalapenos in butter until they are tender and fragrant. Then, flour is added to the mixture to create a roux, which is used to thicken the soup. Chicken broth and heavy cream are added to the pot and brought to a simmer, allowing the flavors to meld together and create a rich and creamy base.
The finished soup is smooth and velvety in texture, with a slightly spicy kick that lingers on the palate. It is often served garnished with additional chopped jalapenos or shredded cheese to enhance its flavor and texture.
One of the great things about rockyard cream of jalapeno soup is its versatility. It can be enjoyed as a satisfying lunch or dinner, or even as a comforting appetizer or side dish. It pairs well with a wide variety of foods, including grilled meats, sandwiches, and salads.
Why make this recipe?
The Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves spicy and comforting soups. Its delicious flavor, ease of preparation, and versatility make it a great addition to any home cook's recipe repertoire. If you're still not convinced, let me tell you why you must.
- Delicious flavor: This soup has a unique and exciting flavor profile that is both creamy and spicy. The jalapenos add a kick of heat, while the cream creates a rich and velvety texture. Together, they create a perfect balance of flavors that is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- Easy to make: The recipe for this soup is fairly simple and straightforward, making it easy for even novice cooks to prepare. It can be made in under 30 minutes with basic kitchen equipment and ingredients.
- Versatile: This soup can be served as a standalone meal or as a side dish to complement other foods. It pairs well with a variety of dishes, such as grilled meats, sandwiches, and salads.
- Comforting: This soup is warm, hearty, and comforting, making it perfect for chilly days or when you're feeling under the weather. It's also a great way to add some variety to your usual soup routine.
- Impress your guests: If you're hosting a dinner party or get-together, this soup is sure to impress your guests. It's a unique and flavorful dish that is sure to leave a lasting impression.
So, do well to give it a try and enjoy a bowl of this flavorful and comforting soup! Read on to get complete recipe
What does Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup taste like?
Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup has a unique and complex flavor profile that is both creamy and spicy. Now, let me make a breakdown of the different taste components of this delicious soup:
- Creamy: The creaminess of the soup comes from the heavy cream and butter used in the recipe. This gives the soup a rich and velvety texture that coats your tongue and provides a smooth and comforting mouthfeel.
- Spicy: The heat in this soup comes from the jalapenos, which are diced and sautéed before being added to the soup. The spiciness level can be adjusted to your personal preference by adding more or less jalapenos.
- Savory: The soup is also savory and slightly salty, thanks to the chicken broth and seasonings used in the recipe. The garlic, onion, and cumin provide additional depth of flavor and complexity.
- Tangy: The addition of lime juice provides a tangy and refreshing element to the soup. It helps to balance out the richness of the cream and adds a bright note to the overall flavor profile.
Ultimately, the combination of creaminess, spiciness, savory, and tangy flavors creates a unique and exciting taste that is both comforting and satisfying. The soup is rich and indulgent, yet the heat from the jalapenos and tang from the lime keep it from feeling too heavy.
What would you need for this recipe?
All the ingredients required are all readily available in most grocery stores and can be easily found in the produce and dairy sections. Some of the ingredients, such as the jalapenos and lime, can also be found in the international foods section. These ingredients needed are:
- Jalapenos: fresh jalapeno peppers add heat and flavor to the soup.
- Butter: adds richness and flavor to the soup.
- Onion: provides a sweet and savory base for the soup.
- Garlic: adds depth of flavor to the soup.
- Flour: used to thicken the soup and create a creamy texture.
- Chicken broth: adds savory flavor to the soup and serves as the base for the broth.
- Heavy cream: adds richness and creaminess to the soup.
- Cumin: adds warm and earthy flavor to the soup.
- Lime juice: adds a tangy and citrusy flavor to the soup.
- Salt and pepper: used to season the soup and bring out the flavors.
- Large pot or Dutch oven: This is used to cook the soup over the stove. A large skillet or saucepan can be used as a substitute.
- Immersion blender or regular blender: This is used to puree the soup until it is smooth and creamy. An immersion blender is more convenient because it can be used directly in the pot, while a regular blender requires transferring the soup in batches. If you don't have either, a food processor can also work.
- Wooden spoon or spatula: This is used to stir the soup as it cooks.
- Cutting board and knife: These are used to chop the vegetables, particularly the jalapenos, onion, and garlic. A sharp chef's knife is recommended for easier and safer cutting.
- Measuring cups and spoons: These are used to accurately measure the ingredients for the soup.
- Ladle: This is used to serve the soup.
- Oven mitts: These are used to protect your hands when handling the hot pot.
Most of these equipment are standard kitchen tools that are likely already in your kitchen. If you don't have a particular tool, you can try using a substitute that you have on hand. For example, you can use a potato masher or fork to mash the soup if you don't have an immersion blender or regular blender. Just be mindful of the differences in function and adjust accordingly. With these equipment, you can make the soup with ease and efficiency.
How to make Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup
Ready for a spicy and creamy soup that will warm you up from the inside out? Try this delicious Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup recipe! Made with fresh jalapenos, chicken broth, heavy cream, and a few other simple ingredients, this soup is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Follow our step-by-step instructions and tips to make this soup with ease and impress your family and friends with its amazing flavors.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions to follow
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is lightly browned.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add the cream, jalapenos, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the soup has thickened.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender to puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and reheat over low heat. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional chopped jalapenos or shredded cheese if desired.
How do you serve Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup recipe?
After making the Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup recipe, here are the steps you can take to serve it:
- Ladle the soup into bowls: Using a ladle, carefully transfer the soup from the pot to serving bowls. Be sure to evenly distribute the soup so that each bowl has a similar amount.
- Garnish the soup (optional): For added flavor and texture, you can garnish the soup with additional chopped jalapenos, shredded cheese, or croutons. This step is optional, but it can enhance the presentation and taste of the soup.
- Serve hot: This soup is best served hot and fresh from the stove. You can serve it alongside a piece of crusty bread or a salad to create a more filling meal.
- Store leftovers (optional): If you have leftovers, allow the soup to cool to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat the soup on the stove or in the microwave before serving.
All being said, serving the Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup is a simple and straightforward process that can be customized based on your personal preferences.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 812 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup, Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup Recipe, Recipe
What to serve with it?
Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup can be enjoyed as a standalone meal or as a side dish to complement other foods. Nevertheless, I've got some ideas for what you can serve with this delicious soup:
- Crusty bread: Slices of crusty bread are a classic and delicious accompaniment to soup. They can be used to soak up any remaining soup in the bowl and provide a satisfying crunch.
- Salad: A crisp and refreshing salad can provide a nice contrast to the creamy and spicy soup. Try serving a simple salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber with a light vinaigrette.
- Sandwich: A hearty sandwich can make a great pairing with this soup. Try a grilled cheese sandwich or a turkey and avocado sandwich for a satisfying and filling meal.
- Grilled meats: If you're looking for a more substantial main dish to serve with the soup, grilled meats like chicken or steak can be a great option. They can add some protein to the meal and complement the spicy flavors of the soup.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables like carrots, Brussels sprouts, or cauliflower can provide a nice contrast to the creamy soup. They can be roasted with a simple seasoning of salt, pepper, and olive oil for an easy and tasty side dish.
Overall, there are many different options for what you can serve with Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup, depending on your personal preferences and dietary needs. The possibilities are endless, so feel free to get creative and experiment with different pairings.
My recommendations and tips for you
- Wear gloves when handling jalapenos: Jalapenos can be quite spicy, and the oils from the peppers can stay on your hands even after washing them. Wearing gloves can prevent any irritation or burning sensation.
- Use fresh ingredients: To get the best flavor and texture, use fresh ingredients whenever possible. This includes fresh jalapenos, garlic, onion, lime, and cilantro.
- Adjust the spice level to your preference: The spiciness of this soup can be adjusted by adding more or less jalapenos. If you prefer a milder soup, you can remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapenos before dicing them.
- Use a blender for a smoother texture: To get a smooth and velvety texture, use a blender to puree the soup in batches. Be sure to allow the soup to cool slightly before blending, and only fill the blender halfway to avoid any splatters or spills.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and toppings: Adding fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley on top of the soup can enhance the flavor and presentation. You can also add toppings like shredded cheese or croutons for additional texture and flavor.
- Store leftovers properly: Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. When reheating, add a splash of chicken broth or water to thin it out to the desired consistency.
How to store Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup
- Let the soup cool down to room temperature before storing. Do not leave it at room temperature for more than two hours.
- Transfer the soup to an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. Label the container with the name of the soup and the date it was made.
- Store the soup in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you need to store it longer than that, you can freeze it.
- To freeze the soup, let it cool down to room temperature, then transfer it to a freezer-safe container or resealable plastic bag. Label the container with the name of the soup and the date it was made.
- Freeze the soup for up to 3 months. To thaw the soup, transfer it to the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight.
- Reheat the soup on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches the desired temperature. You can also reheat it in the microwave or in a slow cooker.
Remember to always use clean utensils when handling the soup and to discard any leftover soup that has been sitting at room temperature for more than two hours. By following these storage guidelines, you can safely store and enjoy your Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup.
Potential ingredients substitutes
If you don't have all the ingredients for Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup, or if you want to make some substitutions based on your dietary preferences or restrictions, here are some ingredient substitutes that you can try:
- Jalapenos substitute: If you don't have fresh jalapenos, you can use pickled jalapenos instead. Alternatively, you can use other types of chili peppers such as serrano peppers, poblano peppers, or Anaheim peppers.
- Heavy cream substitute: If you want to make the soup lighter, you can substitute heavy cream with half-and-half or whole milk. For a dairy-free option, you can use canned coconut milk or almond milk.
- Butter substitute: If you want to make the soup vegan, you can use vegan butter or coconut oil instead of butter.
- Chicken broth substitute: If you prefer a vegetarian or vegan version of the soup, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Cumin substitute: If you don't have cumin, you can substitute it with chili powder or smoked paprika for a slightly different flavor.
- Lime juice substitute: If you don't have fresh lime, you can use lemon juice instead.
- Garlic substitute: If you don't have fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder instead. Use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder for every clove of garlic.
Remember that making substitutions can affect the taste and texture of the soup, so be mindful of the amounts and adjust accordingly. With these ingredient substitutes, you can still create a delicious and flavorful Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup that suits your preferences and dietary needs.
In conclusion, Rockyard Cream of Jalapeno Soup is a delicious and comforting soup that is perfect for any occasion. This soup is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients.
With its creamy texture and spicy kick, it is sure to satisfy your taste buds and warm you up from the inside out.
By following the recipe and tips I have provided, you can make this soup with confidence and serve it to your family and friends. So go ahead and give it a try, and enjoy the flavors of this amazing soup!