Discover the ultimate comfort food with our mouth-watering Domino's Pasta Primavera recipe - perfect for a quick and easy dinner any night of the week!
- Publisher: Lofty Recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Category: Appetizer
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 558 calories
Dominos Pasta Primavera
About this recipe
Hey guys, have you ever tried Domino's Pasta Primavera? It's a delicious and healthy pasta dish that's packed with fresh veggies and bursting with flavor.
The dish features al dente pasta, cooked to perfection and tossed with a colorful assortment of fresh veggies, including zucchini, squash, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and red onions.
The veggies are sautéed in a flavorful mix of olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper, giving them a delicious savory taste.
What really sets this dish apart is the creamy and indulgent Parmesan sauce that coats the pasta and veggies. It's rich, velvety, and absolutely delicious! The Parmesan sauce is made from high-quality cheese, milk, cream, and other secret ingredients that give it a unique and irresistible flavor.
With its bright colors and bold flavors, Domino's Pasta Primavera is the perfect dish for any occasion. Whether you're looking for a healthy and satisfying meal or simply craving a delicious pasta dish, this one won't disappoint.
So next time you're craving pasta, skip the traditional red sauce and give Domino's Pasta Primavera a try. You won't be disappointed!
Recipe origin and background
The origins of pasta primavera are somewhat disputed, with several restaurants and chefs claiming to have invented the dish. However, it is generally believed to have originated in the 1970s in New York City.
One of the most popular stories about the creation of pasta primavera involves the famous Italian chef, Sirio Maccioni, and two of his regular customers, Craig Claiborne and Pierre Franey. The story goes that the two men had just returned from a trip to Italy and requested that Maccioni prepare them a dish with fresh vegetables. Maccioni then created a dish of pasta with a medley of spring vegetables, which he dubbed "pasta primavera" or "spring pasta".
The dish quickly became a hit among Maccioni's customers at Le Cirque restaurant, and it eventually spread to other restaurants in New York City and beyond. Today, pasta primavera is a popular dish around the world, with countless variations and adaptations available.
Domino's version of pasta primavera puts a unique twist on the classic recipe, incorporating their signature Parmesan sauce and other flavorful ingredients to create a delicious and satisfying meal that's sure to please.
Why try this Dominos Pasta Primavera recipe?
- Health benefits: This recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables, making it a nutritious and healthy meal option. The veggies are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help boost your overall health and wellbeing.
- Easy to make: This recipe is quick and easy to make, taking only 35 minutes from start to finish. It's perfect for busy weeknights when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- Delicious flavor: The combination of fresh veggies, al dente pasta, and creamy Parmesan sauce creates a flavor explosion in your mouth. It's a dish that's sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling completely satisfied.
- Customizable: This recipe is also customizable, meaning you can add or subtract any vegetables or spices that you like. You can also adjust the heat level to your liking by adding more or less red pepper flakes.
What does Dominos Pasta Primavera taste like?
The taste of this pasta primavera is a delicious combination of fresh and savory flavors.
The al dente pasta provides a chewy texture, while the veggies add a slightly sweet and earthy taste. The red pepper flakes and black pepper provide a subtle kick of heat, while the garlic and Parmesan cheese add a rich and creamy depth of flavor.
The Parmesan sauce is particularly noteworthy, as it's velvety, indulgent, and adds a salty and umami taste to the dish.
The dish is well-balanced in terms of flavors, with a variety of tastes and textures that blend together beautifully. It's a dish that's both comforting and flavorful, making it a perfect choice for any occasion.
What is in Dominos Pasta Primavera?
- Penne Pasta: You'll need penne pasta for this recipe. Penne is a tube-shaped pasta that works well with the creamy Parmesan sauce and the vegetables.
- Olive Oil: olive oil are used to sauté the vegetables in the recipe. Olive oil adds a nice flavor to the dish and is a healthier option than butter.
- Garlic: cloves of garlic are minced and used to add flavor to the dish. Garlic is a staple ingredient in many Italian recipes and adds a wonderful aroma and flavor to the dish.
- Red Pepper Flakes: red pepper flakes are used to add a bit of heat to the dish. If you prefer your pasta primavera less spicy, you can adjust the amount of red pepper flakes accordingly.
- Broccoli Florets: broccoli florets are used in this recipe. Broccoli is a nutrient-dense vegetable that adds a nice crunch and texture to the dish.
- Red Onion: thinly sliced red onion is used to add some sweetness and color to the dish.
- Red Bell Pepper: thinly sliced red bell pepper is used to add a pop of color and sweetness to the dish.
- Yellow Squash: thinly sliced yellow squash is used to add some texture and flavor to the dish.
- Zucchini: thinly sliced zucchini is used to add some additional texture and flavor to the dish.
- Heavy Cream: heavy cream is used to create the creamy Parmesan sauce that coats the pasta and veggies. It adds richness and depth of flavor to the dish.
- Parmesan Cheese: grated Parmesan cheese is used to make the sauce. Parmesan cheese adds a nutty and salty flavor to the dish.
- Salt: Salt is used to season the dish to taste.
- Black Pepper: Freshly ground black pepper is used to season the dish to taste.
Equipment required for this recipe
- Large Pot: You'll need a large pot to boil the pasta. If you don't have a large pot, you can use a deep saucepan or a Dutch oven.
- Colander: You'll need a colander to drain the pasta once it's cooked. If you don't have a colander, you can use a fine-mesh sieve or a slotted spoon.
- Large Skillet: You'll need a large skillet to sauté the vegetables and make the sauce. If you don't have a large skillet, you can use a wok or a deep sauté pan.
- Wooden Spoon: You'll need a wooden spoon to stir the vegetables and sauce. If you don't have a wooden spoon, you can use a heat-resistant spatula.
- Grater: You'll need a grater to grate the Parmesan cheese. If you don't have a grater, you can use a sharp knife to finely chop the cheese.
- Cutting Board: You'll need a cutting board to chop the vegetables. If you don't have a cutting board, you can use a clean surface, such as a large plate or a countertop.
- Knife: You'll need a sharp knife to chop the vegetables. If you don't have a knife, you can use a pair of kitchen scissors or a vegetable chopper.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: You'll need measuring cups and spoons to measure the ingredients accurately. If you don't have measuring cups and spoons, you can use regular cups and spoons, but be sure to adjust the quantities accordingly.
How to make Dominos Pasta Primavera
Try this delicious and easy-to-make Domino's Pasta Primavera recipe at home. Loaded with veggies and creamy sauce, it's a crowd-pleasing meal!
- 1 pound of pasta
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the red onion and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, and yellow squash to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using) to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes are slightly softened.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss with the vegetables until well combined.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy your homemade pasta primavera!
How to serve Dominos Pasta Primavera
- Start by dividing the pasta primavera evenly into four serving bowls.
- If you like, you can sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese or chopped fresh herbs over the top of each serving for added flavor.
- Serve the pasta primavera hot, along with some warm garlic bread or a side salad to round out the meal.
- You can also serve this dish with a glass of white wine or a crisp, refreshing salad to complement the flavors of the pasta and veggies.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 642 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Dominos Pasta Primavera, Dominos Pasta Primavera Recipe, Recipe, Top rated
What to serve Dominos Pasta Primavera with
Domino's Pasta Primavera is a complete and satisfying meal on its own, but if you want to add some extra flavors and textures to your meal, here are a few options that can go well with this dish:
- Garlic Bread: You can serve warm garlic bread with your pasta primavera. It's a classic side dish that complements the savory flavors of the pasta and veggies.
- Side Salad: A fresh side salad with a mix of greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and a light vinaigrette can add some extra crunch and freshness to your meal.
- Grilled Vegetables: You can also grill some additional vegetables like asparagus, eggplant, or bell peppers and serve them on the side. They will add some smoky and charred flavors to your meal.
- Bruschetta: Another great side dish is a simple bruschetta made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and basil. The bright and tangy flavors of the tomatoes can complement the creamy Parmesan sauce in the pasta primavera.
These are just a few suggestions. You can also serve your pasta primavera with any sides that you prefer, depending on your taste and preferences.
My recommendations and tips
- Use fresh ingredients: The key to making this dish delicious is to use fresh, high-quality ingredients. Use fresh veggies that are in season for the best flavor.
- Don't overcook the vegetables: To ensure that the vegetables retain their texture and flavor, be careful not to overcook them. Cook them until they are just tender, but still slightly crisp.
- Don't skimp on the Parmesan sauce: The Parmesan sauce is what makes this dish truly special, so don't skimp on it! Make sure to use good-quality Parmesan cheese and stir the sauce frequently to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Customize to your liking: Feel free to adjust the recipe to your taste preferences. You can add more or less vegetables, adjust the heat level by adding more or less red pepper flakes, or even substitute different vegetables depending on what you have on hand.
- Serve hot: This dish is best served hot, so make sure to serve it immediately after cooking. Reheating can make the pasta and veggies mushy and affect the flavor.
Potential ingredients substitutes
- Pasta: If you don't have penne pasta, you can use any other short pasta such as fusilli, rigatoni, or farfalle.
- Olive Oil: You can substitute olive oil with vegetable oil, canola oil, or sunflower oil.
- Garlic: If you don't have fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder or minced garlic from a jar.
- Red Pepper Flakes: If you don't have red pepper flakes, you can use cayenne pepper or paprika.
- Broccoli Florets: You can substitute broccoli with other vegetables such as cauliflower, asparagus, or green beans.
- Red Onion: If you don't have red onion, you can use white onion or shallots.
- Red Bell Pepper: You can substitute red bell pepper with yellow, orange or green bell pepper.
- Yellow Squash: You can substitute yellow squash with zucchini or butternut squash.
- Zucchini: You can substitute zucchini with yellow squash, eggplant or cucumber.
- Heavy Cream: If you don't have heavy cream, you can use half-and-half, whole milk or evaporated milk.
- Parmesan Cheese: You can substitute Parmesan cheese with Pecorino Romano, Asiago or Grana Padano.
Here are a few additional tips and tricks to keep in mind when making Domino's Pasta Primavera:
- Cook the pasta al dente: Be sure to cook the pasta until it is al dente, which means it is cooked but still firm to the bite. Overcooked pasta can become mushy and lose its texture.
- Don't overcook the vegetables: Overcooking the vegetables can cause them to become mushy and lose their vibrant color. Cook them just until they are tender but still slightly crisp.
- Customize the recipe to your taste: Feel free to adjust the ingredients and quantities to your liking. You can add more or less of any ingredient, or add other vegetables or proteins such as chicken or shrimp.
- Use fresh ingredients: Whenever possible, use fresh ingredients for the best flavor and texture. If you must use canned or frozen vegetables, be sure to drain and rinse them thoroughly.
- Let the pasta soak up the sauce: Once you've combined the pasta and sauce, let the pasta sit for a few minutes to soak up the flavors of the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: For a pop of color and flavor, garnish the pasta with fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, or chives.