Indulge in the ultimate chocolatey treat with this delicious and easy-to-make French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie recipe.
- Publisher: Lofty Recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Category: Dessert
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Calories: 190 calories
French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie
About this recipe
French silk pie crumbl cookies are a delicious twist on the classic French silk pie. These cookies have a rich and chocolaty flavor with a crumbly texture, thanks to the addition of chopped pecans.
The addition of whipped cream on top of the cookie makes it even more indulgent and reminiscent of the creamy filling in a French silk pie.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it is easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients that are likely already in your pantry. The cookies can be whipped up in about 30 minutes, which makes them a great choice for a last-minute dessert or an impromptu gathering.
These cookies are perfect for a variety of occasions, from a casual afternoon snack to a special event like a birthday party or holiday celebration.
They're also a great option for cookie exchanges or gift-giving, as they have a unique and delicious flavor that is sure to impress.
French silk pie crumble cookies are a tasty and fun dessert option that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Whether you're a fan of French silk pie or just looking for a new cookie recipe to try, these cookies are definitely worth making.
Recipe origin and background
The French Silk Pie Crumble Cookie recipe is a modern take on the classic French Silk Pie, which is a type of chocolate pie that originated in the United States.
The pie first appeared in a 1951 issue of a Pillsbury cookbook, and it quickly became a popular dessert.
The exact origin of the French Silk Pie is not really clear, but it is thought to have been created by Betty Cooper, a cook at the Baker's Square restaurant chain in the Midwest.
The pie is made with a rich, chocolate filling that is whipped together with butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until it is light and fluffy. The filling is then poured into a pie crust and chilled until set.
The French Silk Pie Crumble Cookie recipe takes the flavors of the classic pie and turns them into a handheld dessert. The addition of chopped pecans and a crumbly cookie base adds texture and depth of flavor to the dessert. The whipped cream topping is also a fun twist on the classic pie and adds a creamy finish that complements the chocolate filling.
Why try this French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie recipe?
- Delicious flavor: These cookies have a rich, chocolaty flavor with a crumbly texture and a nutty crunch from the pecans. The whipped cream topping adds a creamy finish that makes these cookies truly irresistible.
- Easy to make: The recipe is simple and easy to follow, with just a few basic ingredients that you likely already have on hand. The cookies come together quickly and can be whipped up in about 30 minutes.
- Versatile: These cookies are perfect for a variety of occasions, from casual snacking to special events like birthday parties or holiday gatherings. They're also a great option for cookie exchanges or gift-giving.
- Impressive presentation: The whipped cream topping adds an elegant touch that makes these cookies look and taste like a gourmet dessert. They're sure to impress your family and friends.
- Unique twist on a classic dessert: French silk pie is a classic dessert, but these cookies put a fun twist on the traditional recipe. They're a great way to enjoy the flavors of French silk pie in a new and creative way.
What does French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie taste like?
French silk pie crumble cookies have a rich, chocolaty flavor with a crumbly texture and a nutty crunch from the chopped pecans. The addition of whipped cream on top of the cookie makes it even more indulgent and reminiscent of the creamy filling in a French silk pie.
The chocolate flavor in these cookies is deep and intense, thanks to the addition of unsweetened cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips. The combination of white sugar and brown sugar adds a subtle caramel-like sweetness to the cookies, which complements the chocolate flavor nicely.
The pecans add a nutty crunch to the cookies, which pairs well with the chocolate flavor. The crumbly texture of the cookies adds a nice contrast to the creamy whipped cream on top, making for a well-rounded and satisfying dessert experience.
What is in French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie?
- Unsalted butter: Used for richness and flavor in the cookie dough. Make sure to use unsalted butter so you can control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Granulated sugar: Provides sweetness to the cookie dough.
- Brown sugar: Provides a deeper, richer flavor to the cookie dough.
- Egg: Used for structure and to bind the ingredients together.
- Vanilla extract: Provides flavor and enhances the chocolate flavor in the cookie dough.
- All-purpose flour: Provides structure to the cookie dough.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: Provides the chocolate flavor and color to the cookies.
- Baking soda: Helps the cookies rise and provides a slightly chewy texture.
- Salt: Enhances the flavor of the cookies.
- Pecans: Provides a nutty crunch and texture to the cookies.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: Adds more chocolate flavor and texture to the cookies.
- Whipped cream: Provides a creamy finish to the cookies.
Equipment required for this recipe
- Large mixing bowl: Used to mix the cookie dough ingredients together. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer as a substitute.
- Wooden spoon or spatula: Used to mix the ingredients together.
- Measuring cups and spoons: Used to measure the ingredients accurately.
- Baking sheet: Used to bake the cookies in the oven. If you don't have a baking sheet, you can use a baking dish or a pie dish.
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat: Used to prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet. If you don't have parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, you can lightly grease the baking sheet with cooking spray or butter.
- Wire cooling rack: Used to cool the cookies after they come out of the oven. If you don't have a wire cooling rack, you can place the cookies on a clean, dry surface to cool.
How to make French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie
Looking for a decadent treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than French Silk Pie Crumble Cookies! With their rich chocolatey flavor and crumbly texture, these cookies are sure to become your new favorite indulgence. Give this recipe a try and treat yourself to a little slice of heaven!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centers are still slightly soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled, pipe or spoon whipped cream onto the top of each cookie.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to serve French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie
- Let the cookies cool: Once the cookies come out of the oven, let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whip the cream: While the cookies are cooling, whip the cream until soft peaks form. You can do this by using a stand mixer, hand mixer, or a whisk.
- Assemble the cookies: Once the cookies are cool, add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of each cookie. You can use a spoon or a piping bag to do this.
- Serve: Serve the cookies immediately, or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can garnish the cookies with extra chopped pecans or chocolate chips, if desired.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 628 reviews.
Recipe Tags: French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie, French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie Recipe, Recipe, Top rated, Easy
What to serve French Silk Pie Crumbl Cookie with
French Silk Pie Crumble Cookies are rich and indulgent, so they pair well with lighter, more refreshing accompaniments. Here are a few ideas for what to serve with French Silk Pie Crumble Cookies:
- Fresh fruit: Serve the cookies with a side of fresh fruit, such as strawberries, raspberries, or sliced bananas. The fruit adds a sweet and refreshing contrast to the rich chocolate flavor of the cookies.
- Coffee or tea: Serve the cookies with a hot cup of coffee or tea to balance out the sweetness of the dessert. The bitter notes in coffee and tea can help cut through the richness of the chocolate and whipped cream.
- Vanilla ice cream: Top the cookies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat. The creamy texture of the ice cream pairs well with the crumbly cookie base and whipped cream topping.
- Milk or hot cocoa: Serve the cookies with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of cocoa for a classic and comforting dessert experience. The sweetness of the cookies pairs well with the creamy texture of milk and the chocolate flavor of hot cocoa.
My recommendations and tips
- Measure ingredients carefully: Accurate measurements are crucial for the success of this recipe. Be sure to measure your ingredients carefully using measuring cups and spoons.
- Chill the dough: The dough for the crumble cookies needs to be chilled for at least 30 minutes before baking. This helps the cookies hold their shape and ensures that they bake evenly.
- Use parchment paper: Line your baking sheets with parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking and to make cleanup easier.
- Don't overbake the cookies: Be careful not to overbake the cookies, as they can quickly go from perfectly crumbly to dry and tough. Bake them just until they are set and lightly golden around the edges.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form: When whipping the cream for the topping, be sure to stop when soft peaks form. Over-whipped cream can become grainy and lose its smooth texture.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container: Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 1 month.
Potential ingredients substitutes
- Butter: You can substitute unsalted butter with vegan butter or margarine for a dairy-free version of the recipe.
- Sugar: You can substitute granulated sugar with coconut sugar or brown sugar for a slightly different flavor profile.
- Flour: You can substitute all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour if you need to make the recipe gluten-free.
- Pecans: You can substitute pecans with walnuts or almonds if you prefer or if you have a nut allergy, you can omit the nuts altogether.
- Dark chocolate: You can substitute dark chocolate with milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate if you prefer a milder chocolate flavor.
- Whipping cream: You can substitute heavy whipping cream with coconut cream or almond milk whipped cream for a dairy-free or vegan version of the recipe.
One thing to keep in mind when making French Silk Pie Crumble Cookies is that they can be quite rich and indulgent, so it's a good idea to enjoy them in moderation.
Additionally, because the recipe involves raw eggs, it may not be safe for everyone to consume. People with compromised immune systems, pregnant women, and young children may be at risk of foodborne illness from consuming raw eggs. To reduce the risk, you can use pasteurized eggs or an egg substitute such as aquafaba in the recipe.
It's also important to note that while this recipe is fairly easy to make, it does require some preparation and chilling time, so plan ahead accordingly.
And finally, be sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully and use the recommended equipment and ingredients to ensure the best results.